What we offer
Pottery painting is a very flexible, creative activity, which has multiple applications across the curriculum and a very high quality end product.
Below are illustrations from past projects of how pottery painting can be used to benefit your school:
- Painting a bowl using stoneage patterns and art, cementing learning on this topic area
- Bringing to life the topic of “the natural world” with reception children where they each painted a tile with an insect. The session linked to maths with discussion about symmetry and the different shapes used as the basis to create the insects.
- Leavers designing and painting their own mug, capturing a key memory of their time at school and their friends via animal fingerprints
- Art project creating a design on paper in the style of the artist being studied that term and then learning how to recreate that design onto the different medium of pottery and the challenges associated with that.
- Creation of gifts for events like Mother’s Day or Christmas.
Some key advantages of pottery painting:
- A fun & creative way to link subjects or bring a topic alive
- Can be delivered across the whole school or at class level
- We provide tailored solutions for your school
- End results have longevity and can act as a reminder of the work to the children
Please note that we do not run clay based projects.